PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Double Pilot Incapacitation, EZY
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2005, 08:43
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive had it once at work - after a 4am signon - and scoffing down a Thai Chicken Curry crew meal for breakfast (evidently the same meals we had served the pax the night before for dinner - but dished up as brekky) - was at the back of the fokker having just got my cart set up for a 8am service to brisbane, 3rd sector with another 2 to go after that. Got two rows into the service from the back, was pale, shaky on my feet, and beginning to sweat and see 4 passengers where there were really only 2. The seatbelt sign was still on, and we were going up very steep - and the weather was hot and stormy outside - bumpy. Then my stomache grumbled so loud you could hear it over the sound of the engines down the back, and I thought - uh oh - so i let the brake go- the trolley rolled down the back and slammed into the crew seats. I parked it, opened the loo door, and without a second to spare - ive never lost so much weight in a minute before.

I tidied myself up, and went back into the cabin to see about 20 heads all turned around looking at me with horrified looks - seems they had heard my hurling.

Needless to say, I didnt sell one item of food, and it was a very quick service. I didnt get any better, and for the rest of the flight was running back and forth every 5mins to lose some more weight.

Got off the plane in bne, they found someone else to do my last two sectors, and ended up passing out in the taxi on the way to the hotel.

They dragged me up to my room - where i continued to lose weight. Unfortunately after a while I realised the bedside spew bucket which was the bin, I had been using, was a wicker basket - MESSY.

They came up to check on me - I couldnt move - they called a relative who lived nearby, and they drove me to hospital - where I spent a few hours on a drip and on some fantastic medication!

Got back to the hotel, 3 hrs later was at work again, although much wiser about ever eating thai chicken curry.