PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay As You Dine has emptied the Dining Room(Of diners)
Old 4th Aug 2005, 03:55
plans123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry PAYD is a waste of time...

Some people on this topic have pointed out that PAYD was what we, the consumers, requested.

This is to some extent true. Those people at bases/units where the catering became private and dispensed with service chefs are the ones who have requested it.

This is because the civilian companies who took over tried to provide the cheapest service they could get away with and as a result the quality of food and standard of food preparation dropped immensely. Therefore people stop eating and resent paying for poor food that they only eat occasionally.

However, if you go to units where you still find service chefs you will find a completely opposing view. I don't know if anyone's eaten at Kinloss recently but the food is out of this world!

I personally believe that people are prepared to pay...providing the food is worth paying for...I would even pay more here at my unit if it meant we returned to a Service catered mess and the food was raised to Kinloss standard!

I leave you with a little known fact...a large percentage of the money we contribute to our food charges per month actually goes on feeding those on OOA detachments. This is one of the main reasons why PAYD has been suspended as they do not know where they will get the money to feed those out of area...that and the fact that the system doesn't bl00dy work! Now I don't know what the rest of you think but if the government want us to go to war that's one thing...but paying for it as well?...I think that's a bit much!