PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brize: "Plane passenger 'jumps to his death'"
Old 10th Jan 2002, 16:45
A_Pommie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Frankly I’m appalled by the tone of this thread, it does not matter if he lost the plot or jumped to save a loved one, He died that’s what’s important. Suicide is always selfish the people left behind are always hurt. If the biggest problem in your life is being delayed on a train then you should be grateful.
As for if the Falklands war benefited you or not so what, I’m not even sure if the war was justified but that’s a political issue, the people who went and fought the war are heroes because they chose a profession where they would risk themselves for the benefit of others. As an ex SAS member how do you know that in the past he has not stopped the plane you fly from becoming a hole in the ground.
I fly for fun not for money and generally I have a lot of respect for every one who works in the airline industry but this thread is bellow contempt comparing the relative selfishness of how some one tops them selves. A few years ago an ex BA captain was hounded to the point were he ended it all it wasn’t funny and if I suggested it was I would be lynched, what’s the difference?

My sympathies to the family and friends of the deceased.