PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France crash at YYZ (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2005, 13:40
Roguedent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paxboy,

As a VC10 pilot, and as some on this site will know, the VC10 is basically a submarine with wings. Decel is not a problem with the extra weight (even with only two of the orginal 4 reversers that BOAC had). Not sure about the ability to withstand a crash better than modern day aircraft, because I can't remember a incident invoving one.

As for the crash, Well done to the Emerg services for getting every one off, where are the slides?? Are they automatic on an airbus? Forgive the question, but we have to put ours out manually. Also, and I will speculate, like most of you want to do, but this seems like a massive 'press-on-itus' incident. Why on earth would you land in that weather. Do they do 7root P stuff in france. Let me see, Thunderstorm = HEAVY RAIN, WINDSHEAR and generally not nice for the punters down the back. Yes well done to the crew for getting every one out alive, but this was avoidable. Don't for a minute think I am blaming a very Professional and experienced crew, but it seems that companies are asking a lot of crews.

On the fire fighting side, why risk a fireman, when you stand back and watch the piece of scrap burn out