PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brize: "Plane passenger 'jumps to his death'"
Old 10th Jan 2002, 16:25
Hot 'n' High

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Red face

knows - Have to agree with your comment re: Kirstey, and I also have little sympathy for Speed Twelve. All very frustrating I'm sure.

We may never know exactly what happened on this flight. However, I can only hope that should either Kirstey or Speed Twelve ever suffer from such an illness, as that is what it is, in their lives, that perhaps someone will be there to help them before it is too late. Oh, I know Kirstey, you will say that it will never happen to you ...... And I hope for your sake it doesn't. Truth is, such things often come out the blue - as all illnesses can do. Like getting Cancer, you will have no choice in the matter I'm afraid. You can only pray that such illness is caught in time and that there are people who can help you before it is too late.

So perhaps we should remember with sadness the victim, the exceptional P1 who will have to come to terms with what happened on that flight and any family/friends involved. Everyone knows/accepts things such as Cancer are dreadful diseases. While I am not saying suicide was the cause here (not my place to make ill-informed judgements), mental illness affects a huge slice of the population. Kirstey and Speed Twelve, you raised this issue I believe. I hope you and your families are spared the devastation of such illness.

H 'n' H