PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2005, 06:59
herz22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometric

Psychometrics is the field of study (connected to psychology and statistics) concerned with the measurement of "psychological" aspects of a person such as knowledge, skills, abilities, or personality. The field of Psychometrics is primarily concerned with differences between individuals and employs statistical tools such as normal distribution and factor analysis.

More recently psychometric theory has been used in measurement of personality, attitudes and beliefs, academic achievement, and in health related fields, to measure quality of life.

-----------
Unless the during the tea party or panel interview, the interviewers want hear the reasons why the interviewees answer the particular question in that particular manner in the Psychometrics test. The maths part I agree is only one of the component of the test but definitely not the reasoning part you had state.
-----------
Just question on weeding out...How would the HR handle the high influx of applications everyday yet differentiate degree or other paper applicants?

By saying that if you dun have degree you got a slim chance in applying, are you also discouraging other applicants from applying?

If you are a management pilot, would you discourage anyone from applying because they do not have a degree and you know that they do not stand a chance?

Even reality is cruel, the company has a open door policy for the applicants. Whoever fits the bill will get the job (out of 1000 applicants only 120 is selected in the interview) and most importantly the passion to fly.

Paper Plane,

During my time I waited for 2 months to 3 months for reply to the first interview.

Cheers