PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2005, 02:11
billkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paper plane,

Actually just the basic information is needed. Something that you can explain in a few sentences and not a long essay. It also depends on how you answer the questions. One question may lead to the next and thus becoming more in depth. If you do not know the answer, it's alright. It also tells how humble and honest you are by admitting that you don't know, instead of making up stuff.

By the way,
qualifications are used for weeding out purposes. As i have mentioned before, it's also based on competitiveness. If the batch of applicants consists mostly of dilpoma holders, then a diploma holder will stand a good chance ain't it.

The psychometric test is used to test your ability to reason. It does not only comprise of mathematical questions. It consists of comprehension, ability to distinguish sequences, shapes, diagrams, etc. It has been mentioned before. Please read previous posts by others.

I have mentioned earlier, why SIA includes O level and A level as one of their requirements. It is similar to the system some financial institutions too. Just to add to what I have mentioned earlier, it is also to cover the company. Piloting is a very specific profession. It requires lots of training and time to groom a pilot. When there's a lack of pilots in a company, the company has to plan fast and recruit fast in order not to have a shortage of pilots which will cost the company millions. If they were to raise and advertise the requirement for degree holders only, and when there's a shortage of pilots, with not enough qualified applicants, the company would then have to readvertise and change their requirements? This would be unfair to many who applied before who did not meet the degree holder requirement. People will make a big hoo haa about it. By including O level and A levels, selection can be done at the company's discretion and no one can say anything. Please read previous posts also.

I would say this thread is to prepare aspiring pilots for the first step and not provide just positive information, but also negative such that one can have a good judgement of both sides and prepare well and not to give people false hopes.