PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie-made Stealth movie "sucks"
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2005, 00:00
itchybum

Location: Over 250 posts so far. Perhaps I support Pprune by posting regularly.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Gnadenburg, I did in fact see all of Pearl Harbour. But only on DVD....!

Rest assured I immediately got online to register my disgust at the wrong-doings perpetrated by the Special FX team. CGI or whatever it's called.

Yeah I agree about Hollywood and WWII but you have to admit that Hollywood has a lot of Jewish big-shots, Spielberg, for one, who usually take the opportunity to slip in a few reminders of what happened.

The Japs seem to have gotten away with it, even had the day renamed from VJ Day to VP Day so as not to single them out. Also teach their schoolies that "it never hapened." Although they did take a couple of hits by "the big one"...

Back to the topic, I am generally disappointed by todays aviation-related flicks. From what I saw of the previews of Stealth, I won't bother going to see it.

Hasn't been a good air-scene since Flight of the Intruder when the Spads rolled in along the river bed.

Actually, Behind Enemy Lines also had a couple of great scenes of the 'F' model Hornet - just before they went off the deep end with SAMs that could fly forever and reverse track constantly.