PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gazelle: Flying, operating, buying
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2001, 09:57
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Good morning Heliport,
Gaz belongs to a friend of mine, super guy who was converted from R22 to the Gaz by a well known converter from Shawbury!
Purchashed from MW heli's and is on Frog Register, The A/c has always been civvie, and is a superb piece of kit, it is decked out just like the highest ( no pun) spec Limo ,
We tried last week (Wednesday) to get down to Dux, but after two attempts the farthest we got was to just south of Stoke, we tried high and low but "No Go", we had with us a very experienced pilot, and it was only his expertise that got us down that far, the Gaz cover so much ground so quickley, but obviously at a price for those of you who dont know it burns about 40 /50 galls per hour, but it is a small price to pay for such performance.
My pal who owns it has no problem with the service side , and says MW helis are brilliant, spare are no Prob at all.
All round it is a very good heli , one that most pilots should try to fly, just to see how our Government has looked after our Mil pilots in the Past!!
Hope that helps,

My Regards

[ 04 October 2001: Message edited by: Vfrpilotpb ]