PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2005, 16:58
herz22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But now, they do weed out by academic qualifications first and this is due to the large number of applicants.
With the recent report on the shortage of pilots worldwide, why is the company only accepting degree holders applicants first? If an other paper qualification holders are to apply, will it be considered or just put aside?

If the company wants to consider degree holders first, shouldn't they raise the qualification requirements rather than spending time filtering out the non.

The questions post is just part of a psychometric test and not testing how well you are academically but how in-depth you are with reasoning. If that measures academic ability, then I would have to say a Sec 1 kid would also qualify to be a pilot.
The psychometric test is designed as you written is for reasoning, but I feel it is more to find out what kinda of personality the person is. What is there to reason if it is a right or wrong answer for Maths questions only?

I don't know about other airlines, but at SIA, we are given enough rest and enough time for sleep. And so that's up to you on how you make use of your rest time. If you are a party animal and get drained out during your rest period, then you will feel tired and stressed. It's normal to be away on weekends and holidays. Even your child's birthday, you are not spared. But that has been the case long time ago and I am sure aspiring pilots know what they are getting into. If you can't make the sacrifices, it ain't the job for you. Nothing comes for free.
The points I am trying to raise above are for the wannabes who are interested in the career as a flight crew. They should be make known that the sacrifices if they choose this as a life-long profession and I believe not many applicants are aware of that. These are negatives sides of the job and I feel that i should share with the rest.

To be able to fly as a flight crew is a wonderful career. Too many wannabes out there it could be a childhood dream. I guess the objective of this thread is to provide positive information to all wannabes. Who are preparing or maybe attending an interview tml.

I do not think you would not want to attend an interview tml and feeling that you will not qualify at all.

Cheers!