PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 717 Q's... Anything we need to know?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2005, 10:01
etihadlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys - enjoy the "new" 717's

As an ex Impulse/ QFLink and JQ'er, I too can add some input about the 717's. I have flown on everyone of them as they were introduced into the fleet and been through all the changes of seating configurations.

All the aircraft are great - no real problems about any of them - all aircraft have their own idiosyncracies and VQC is not that bad!!! Although sitting in the back jump seat on all the aircraft is not the most popular place to be - especially on hot and bumpy days !!!!

The big write ups you have got on a blocking toilet seems a bit excessive as we have never had to worry about it in the 5 years I have flown on them - so I wouldn't worry too much - just know where the shut off valves are in behind the sink and in the galleys.

The cracking of door 1R is possible for excessive smoke in the cabin, and this must be done in conjunction with the PIC once the aircraft pressurisation has been brought down to acceptable levels - once again - something that has never happened in 5 years. So, perhaps something to be aware of - but nothing to get too worried about - the 717's aren't like the 146's - we don't get the horrible smells and smoke like the 146's!!

But honestly, the 717's are going to be missed ( they are the "sportscar" of the aircraft ) and all I can advise is to just enjoy them guys - they are a good little aircraft and I wish you all the best with them........ Happy flying.

To all the JQ'ers - I am on my way - no looking back now!!!
All the best to you too....
Send my love to Aunty Neenie!!!!

Last edited by etihadlad; 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:42.