PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Training & Employment prospects
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2000, 18:39
offshoreigor

Cool

Countdown;

I know we have not always seen eye to eye on topics, but this is one subject I am intimately familiar with. I also don't like seeing advice from bitter or inexperienced people taken as the gospel (re:Paco).

If I am correct in my estimate of your background, you are a mid to high time Offshore Captain with more than just a little experience. If this is so, then you are definately suited for Canadian employment.

Although the previous reply refers to 206 or A-Star, although useful for seasonal employment with a limited income, definately not condusive to a solid retirement plan.

If you have S-61 or Puma, there is a requirement in Halifax, Nova Scotia for crews on the offshore projects there. If you have S-76 or BH 212, there are ample opportunities overseas with CHC International.

If you are ultimately looking to emigrate to Canada, then Halifax would be a good bet. The salary ranges from $60-75K (CAD) I know that seems much lower than the North Sea rate, but the cost of living is much lower and if you have saved up some of those North Sea bucks, then you would definately have a fairly easy go of it over here. We have employed several UK Pilots (RN and North Sea) and they have had no complaints.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, OffshoreIgor

[This message has been edited by offshoreigor (edited 03 December 2000).]