PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Dynamics: Gyroscopic Precession
Old 10th Aug 2001, 18:28
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am constantly being chastised because many of you say I am wrong because I don’t agree with you as individuals or as a group. I keep telling you that I do agree with you because I accept what you are saying as an alternate theory that obviously works for you. I use terms that you do not accept and you use terms that I am not familiar with. Granted it has been a long time since I attended a factory or military school for helicopters and maybe the teaching methods have changed but I never heard of flapping to equality until I started posting on these threads. Try to understand that POF is taught differently in the US as opposed to the POF theory that is taught in the UK, OZ and NZ. Now if RW-1 can keep his nose out of this post I will make the following suggestion. All of the theories I have expounded on relative to gyroscopic precession are contained in the Sikorsky Blue Book and I think you should contact the Factory School at Sikorsky and request a copy of the Blue Book. That is the source of my statements so if you disagree with me then do as I mentioned to Nick Lappos and tell them they are wrong and tell them why they are wrong.