PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Dynamics: Gyroscopic Precession
Old 10th Aug 2001, 08:14
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

LU. Here we go again.....

You said: >>Assuming that the advancing blade was disposed over the right side of the helicopter it would be at the minimum pitch position. The opposite blade would be at the highest pitch position. 90-degrees later the blade on the right side would be at the low flap position and the blade that was over the left side would be at the high flap position. However as the advancing blade approached the longitudinal axis it would already be increasing in pitch. The opposite would be true for the blade passing over the longitudinal axis over the tail.<<

NOT TRUE (but getting closer)

Please, as I have said before, go back and learn about flapping to equality. While you are at it, try cyclic feathering, and the terms pitch and Angle of attack too. Arm out the window gave you an excellent description of flapping to equality in your last thread, yet you totally ignored it.

As I posted in the other thread, (in a suggestion you totally avoided confronting) you need to go back to these fundamental POF in order to attain the basic background required to try and understand the theories (and REALITIES) discussed on the forum.

There is no better evidence of your need to do this than your question at the end of your last post:

You asked: >>In the light of the above I ask why the 90-degrees if gyroscopic precession is not involved. Why couldn’t they just put the control inputs anywhere and just let the blades seek their own position.<<

Why? Because of flapping to equality and cyclic feathering!!

Arm out the window: can you post an explanation as the start of another thread for Lu's (and my) benefit? Sorry to pick on you but your previous brief explanation was great.

Mine helmut ist now schmoldering.........