PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Dynamics: Gyroscopic Precession
Old 9th Aug 2001, 22:43
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

To: Dave jackson and Nick Lappos

Dave, this material that I quoted came from the text used in the Sikorsky service school and it covers all aspects of rotary wing flight as it applies mainly to Sikorsky helicopters and can be applied to any helicopter with an articulated rotorhead. The basic theory applies to all helicopters including Bell, Aerospatial and Boelkow rigid rotors.

Nick I believe you have done your own company a disservice in describing the Blue book as a comic book presentation that is designed to keep mechanics from crushing their fingers. The diagrams found in the Bluebook can also be found in many engineering texts covering the subject. Using your position to describe the Bluebook as a comic book will give those on these threads the idea that the material should be discounted because it is presented in a childlike way. I would strongly suggest you go over to the service school and pick up a copy. If you feel the information is incorrect then give them sh!t and not me for quoting from what many in the industry consider to be the bible.