PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2005, 21:34
King Pong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did notice on my visit that passengers were being called to the gates with only minutes left before the scheduled departure time. This resulted in a rather full departure lounge with passengers waiting to be called to the gates with the old departure lounge that contains 11 gates being left empty despite having twice as many seats as the new lounge.

I also had a look at the eastern apron as I passed by. A walkway made out of portable control barriers now snakes its way from stands 47 and 48 which borders the short term car park around the rear of the temporary builders compound and ends up close to the exit of the staircase that descends from the new lounge. The staircase is still land side as a fence needs to be moved so is not in use yet. I wouldn’t like to walk to these stands if it was raining as it is quite a walk in the open.

I try to be pro Luton but sometimes it is hard. First impressions for many passengers is the bombsite which is called the short term car park. This car park is in an appalling state of repair. Next comes the check –in area. A good 25%-30% of the ceiling lights were broken when I passed through. Even when they all work the area is semi-dark but with this many lights busted I thought there had been a power cut.

Last edited by King Pong; 1st Aug 2005 at 22:36.