PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUY and DSA
Thread: HUY and DSA
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2005, 10:18
MrDearne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that it has opened people have grown to accept its existance. Lets hope it does some good and grows the market in the region ready for HUY to poach some pax!
I don't think there's any doubt about that. But there will be low points as well and HUY supporters will be waiting to jump in at a taste of misfortune. Same the other way around.
The wider picture is though..as been said many times before, for those in a 40 mile radius (which is not a lot by any stretch of the imagination......Scunny are sitting very pretty) the choices are getting better and better. More jobs are being created and the economy will rise.
Sometimes we try to cut off our noses to spite our face. Some HUY supporters will pour scorn, scoff and laugh at....say the prospect of Virgin operating out of DSA. I am not saying they will, but if they do just look at benefits for the region as a whole.

At the end of the day though, what we are seeing is sibling rivalry, and as much we try, it will always be there between DSA and HUY.
I have what can be described as a very stressful job (the high risk heart attack category). When I get home, and when I get chance to get on the comp (darn kids and all) this and the DSA forum are the ones I look at first. Sad? maybe..........but it's entertaining and it is certainly more up to date than than our respected official sites.