PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Height Issue
Thread: Height Issue
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2005, 08:13
hc003540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

As you may of gathered its been a bit manic recently. I had no idea that there would be so much interest in this story, and so was caught a little off guard with all the attention.

I would like to thank everyone for there support so far, as I believe that this case will run on for sometime yet.

Off the record GT3 - You raise some interesting points. But why can't I be an ATCO and you can. I don't have a dodgy heart condition, or bad eye sight, I am just taller. I have fulfilled the same conditions for selection, so why should I be treated differently. There are also a lot of facts that aren’t reported here - it took over a year from the NATS medical to a DSE assessment. I was never told that my job was subject to completing this assessment but that it was to see if modifications should have been made. In total NATS wasted over 2 years of my life………..is it therefore unreasonable to ask for some compensation but more importantly make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else and to change NATS perception towards tall people.

Once again I thank you all for your support, and will let you know the result as soon as I know (But you'll probably read about it before then!!!)

Cheers guys.

Ben

(P.S. I see that I am sueing them, I'm not, I am asking for the pay lost through this whole thing. The figure I believe is 11,000 pounds, not much I think you'll agree)