PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can NZ get any more retarded?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2005, 00:55
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the union that represents NZ pilots is about as much use as the small soft pointy things on a bull.

Although you are obviously unaware of it, there are steps being taken to address the problem, but it will almost certainly end up in the courts. The CAA have a long track record of not listening, and then moving with autocratic swiftness. The reasons for that go all the way back to Swedavia, and the current litigation-driven rulemaking.

Some have said "It's their sandpit, if you don't like it..." etc. That is complete bollocks.

The CAA work for you an me, and they are accountable under the law for the decisions they make and the legislation they produce. In the case of legislation, that has to be approved by Parliament, so we can exert pressure there. In the case of decisions, these can be challenged in the courts.

NZ is as much my sandpit as theirs, I like it here and I have no intention of moving away again. They have a duty to be fair and reasonable in all they do, and it is our job to hold them accountable.

Now all we need is a bunch of pilots with spines. Now, that might be a problem...