PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 310R's in the Bush
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2005, 11:08
GW_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
310R specs

Hi there jonjie,

have a few tech details for you on the 310R if your still thinking..

BEW 1722
MZFW 2222
MTOW 2495
MLW 2449

Flight fuel approx. 115 litres - 120 litres per hour
Holding approx. 90 litres per hour

Usefull load at min fuel (MZFW) 500kg
Gives you full mains (tips)379 litres) which in still air IFR with fixed res. plus vari. gives you around 413nm range with 180 TAS.

With a 80kg pilot gives you 420kg for pax/bags

Not really a six seater with bags, but a couple of lighties in the back will see it full.

Shes a bit touchy in the aft C og G range with pax so a bag or two in the nose will sort that OK.
Freight no probs.
Cube will be the concern as when the nose is full unless you can lose the seats in the back you will be looking for places to put the big boxes if you have a pax or two.

Wing lockers are useless unless you have some small heavy items. I believe there is an approval to exceed the MZFW by putting more in the wing lockers if you can.

The 310 is a stable IFR platform with little vices and small trim changes once you have it sorted.

Yes the 310 is a b***h to land at first but with practise can be tamed. I put it down to long legs with low ground effect, and the fact it has no washout leading to a snappy stall with little warning.

As was stated earlier, stick to the numbers for Vref.
I like to see 90 knots decreasing over the fence as an average, closing the throttles completly (no power dribbles) and slightly rase the nose to hold attitude and drive it on.
If you hold this aircraft off waiting for a greaser...it will bite.

My two cents.
Cheers GW

I think the VG kit gives you about another 70 odd kilos but its only fuel though...?

Last edited by GW_04; 1st Aug 2005 at 02:01.