PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against Naunton Pugh t/a Cape Flying services(Europe)
Old 30th Jul 2005, 23:04
Gooneybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Propbrake, whilst I wasn't going to join in on this thread a couple of your comments did annoy me.
It wasn't by and large British students, any more than other foreign students.
The reason foreign students pay up front is not stupidity, it's to do with getting a student visa.
I myself am British, and I said on another thread I got what I paid for, a CPL ME/IR so no complaints personally.

I will say this, the three week PPL is a myth sold to beginners who don't know any better. If a company becomes aware of it's advertising being false it should do something about it.

Most of the problems at CFS were to do with lack of management, which was at the time understandable. I got the feeling though, that Gerald really should have hired a manager and had a little more faith in his own instructors, especially in regards to training on the twin.
The next problem was dealing with PPLs at all as it had plenty of CPL students who got 'pushed back' in their training to make way for those PPL students.

I agree with al lot of what you said, Propbrake but watch the little nationality based digs as we both know it's not that simple.

To potential CPL guys, my advice is to train on a tourist visa and do visa runs every once in a while. Every school has it's problems but it won't stop you from finishing. If the school your at doesn't have the aircraft you need available at that time, move to a school which does.

The written exams are not that difficult but don't expect much from lectures. Better to get the materials before you come and study by yourself. I stopped attending lectures as they just distracted me. It took six weeks of self study.

Finally, if your a CPL student be prepared to be self reliant, your going to have to be to make a career in aviation anyway so quit complaining and get used to it.