PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Mh Captains To Ek First Officers
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2005, 19:16
Shintaro9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giving up 4 Bars

Hi Geo7E7,

With current state of affairs in MAS flt ops, I am not suprised that many people are willing to let go of their command to get into airlines like Emirates and Qatar as FOs even. However, they are not the only ones. In CAL, many were former captains at Ansett, Canadian, Air Berlin, Venezuelan, Varig and Air Asia to name a few. These gentlemen gave up their command to get experience on widebody, especially B744s and also for better pay, even though they came in for FO positions. There is a possibility that they might get right to left, thus 1 step back to gain many in the future. They all had their reasons and many have not regretted the move at all.

No doubt that there is going to be a pay review for MAS pilots and the repegging thus resulting in the difference getting smaller, I think some people will still leave MAS. Push or pull factor I guess, at the time they made the decision, I think it was the push factor more than anything else. Many feel betrayed by flt ops management that seems to take only and has never given. These takers are pilots and some even served MAPA. Pilots screwing pilots, with toad doing the best to do in the pilots to make himself look good. What happen to "I'll look after the pilot's interest from the inside".

Airlines in the gulf are expanding like crazy, it's a matter of time before these brave folks will get back their command. In my opinion the sacrifice is well worth it.

Those that left MAS has not looked back at all. Those in the gulf are living in posh apartments, driving luxurious cars while those in the far east are buying property and saving pots of dough. Some a holding management positions, whilst some are trainers and checkers.

Their only sadness is that they miss their fellow pilots, beloved cabin crew and Malaysia. But what the heck, they are working for airlines that pay better, has better roster, operate safely and above all legally and generally treat them better than when they were in MAS.

I dont think 25/70 would be a reality, if not for the "heroes" that gave management the signal that we're amongst the lowest paid pilots in the region. Now we have to employ foreigners (on our premier fleet even). Now I'd like to see how they manage mercenaries, rather than dedicated locals who love MAS but was frustrated at the way flt ops was runned.