PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Jul 2005, 18:50
Smeagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One at a time please.

His dudeness
I you want to, we can swop:
No thanks. Been there, done that. Hope you find something better.

Before you go though I can't let this pass without comment......
My best GUESS about the paycut is, that they offered real good money in the begining to start the hole thing and since they still loose money they have to do something about it. So they take the fast lane and take it away from the employees. No news here, happened to many people in our industry (Lufthansa, Deutsche BA, PanAm, TWA, United etc.etc.)
That's pretty close to what happened. They 'overpaid' people. They gave them a contract saying they would be paid a nice salary and then half way through they changed it. And that's ok in your eyes is it? In that case I withdraw my hope for you to find a better job. With your attitude and propensity to roll over and take it up the rear can I politely ask you to stay right away from the rest of us who still expect to abide by the terms agreed and not have the rug whipped out from underneath. "Oooh, oooh, me sir, me sir. I'll do that for you and what's more I'll do it cheaper". Bet people love working with you

Trainer too 2
I guess you are not and have not been in NJE for a while. The only two managers that I heard of where asked to leave and have been replaced by much better grade guys.. So your point is??
My point is that both the managers of HR in Lisbon and Scheduling quit recently. That's 'quit' not 'fired' or that quaint euphemism 'asked to leave'. So has another manager, not yet public information. Have you not yet noticed how these are never announced? How people are just let quietly out the back door?

None of these are the firings you refer to which are old news. And your point is?

I'm not going to drag this thread down in to a "Yes it is/no it isn't" argument. I said the terms and conditions can and have been changed by the company over several issues in the past. This was denied by some in here who eventually admitted that it was true. I said there had been resignations. This is being denied by others whose information is out of date. There have been recent managerial resignations as well as crew. More are in the pipeline. I know this because the people concerned have told me. They are not just thinking of leaving, they have accepted job offers.

Like I said before as far as flying and machinery are concerned you'd be hard put to beat this job. When the phones are off and you are flying it's great. The downside is that employees (not just crew) are treated badly. People operating in a climate of fear seek to cover their backs and this creates an awful environment to work in. It is counterproductive. Promising people one thing and then pulling the old switcheroo is just poor management. Treat whatever you are told at interview or indoc with a healthy dose of scepticism. Revised pay scale (small cabin fleet get paid less than larger) is never going to happen. It has been 'coming soon' for three years.

As the company are trying to turn a profit it pains me see the waste and misuse of one of its best resources, people. NJE has some very bright and capable employees but most of them will not get involved any deeper than doing 9-5 in the current climate and who can blame them?

For me this thread is dead. I've proved the points made in the hope that anyone considering joining can do so with open eyes. I freely admit that I've also entered this debate in the hope that management in Lisbon, who keep an eye on this site, will shape up before it's too late.