PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night flying restrictions
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2005, 05:57
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop Night flying restrictions

I'm going to "out" myself a bit here (finally?) but I think you guys can probably help me the best.

My boss is involved in the proceedings for the new runway at FRA. As is usually the case, there are lots of people against it, especially because of noise, etc. They obviously want to inforce complete night restrictions, beyond that which are presently in effect.
My boss knows that I spend lots of time at various internet sites with lots of information and asked me to help (as he does often)... so here I am.
He said that the anti-aircraft noise people are using Paris and London as examples of night noise restrictions... I got the impression they think the restrictions are stricter then in FRA and what is planned for FRA after the new runway is built. You can imagine what kind of politics are being played here to avoid getting that new runway built!

So, my question: what are the actual night flying restrictions in Paris and London (or any other major aerodrome if possible)?

I think the info might be interesting for everyone but feel free to pm or e-mail me if you prefer: [email protected]

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks in advance!!

Westy