PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lagos... How Dangerous???
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2005, 16:16
oneeyed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having carefully read through to all the responses - now 10 minutes afterwards I'm still holding my beer belly laughing.

I have now been living and working in Lagos for 13 years and know that Lagos is a safe or unsafe as any major metropolis in the 3rd world. I feel a lot safer in the streets of Lagos as let's say Johannesburg or Rio.

Granted, there are areas where as a visitor one doesn't go at night but aren't they everywhere???

Your possible layover in Lagos can be quite interesting and enjoyable if you have an open mind and are a little security concious - as already mentioned in another reply.

If you are staying in Victoria Island you have lots and lots of places to go to - any type restaurant or bar you can think of, local markets etc. In case you'll be in Ikeja you are a bit more restricted but still enough to do for a couple of days.

If you need more details send me a PM with your plans and possible location and I'll send you a few tips of what to do and where to go. Time permitting I might even be able to show you a few places to prove that Lagos is not that bad after all.

Dont be afraid - enjoy