PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots wanted for kids’ charity flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2005, 13:55
maxtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Totally Flabbergasted

Many of you will have read the recent correspondence concerning attempts to organise flights for kids from Belarus suffering with cancer. Despite initially being warmly received by the local organisation here in Norfolk, and receiving many offers of help, (thanks again for that), two weeks before the event I was informed that we were not allowed to take the children flying. Well today I have just found out why. As expected that charities head office in Haselmere has an issue with the insurance. This I am sure we could have got around once they understood our own aircraft insurance cover, which we all now need. But the one thing I could not convince them of, and one that never ceases to amaze me, is their perception of light aircraft as being death traps flown by unprofessional thrill seeking lunatics.

Quotes from the charities reply to my correspondence. "there are many small aircraft that crash and this would potentially be putting the children in danger". Well which papers has he been reading?