PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody Knows How many Self-TypeRated are Unemployed?
Old 29th Jul 2005, 13:54
Skunkworks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are so right - some of us just don't get it!

From your post last week:
Have you considered doing something constructive, i.e. self-sponsoring a type. Lets face it, if you don't do that, the chances are you'll be instructing on a 152 or flying TP's on a low salary for the next three years. You may as well just take the extra financial hit now and you'll more than break even within 3 years flying a 737/A320. You'll also be 3 years closer to command. Its not rocket science really. If you say you can't afford it, then that's your problem as you should have realised from the start that having to self-sponsor a type to get ahead would be a real possibility.
This is the problem! You expect to come straight out of Flight School and then start flying a 737 or an Airbus! You and your buddies think that you can "get ahead" by selling yourselves cheaper than the "competition".

You are talking about command. I'm sure that when a vacancy comes along in the LHS, you will be prepared to pay for the Command training and to stay on your FO salary - just to "get ahead".

It would be interesting if you answered the question I asked in the previous post - Where do YOU draw the line for what you are prepared to do to get the job?

[Edit: Accidentally pressed submit half-way through the post.]