PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Drop Washington & St Lucia
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2005, 11:21
Red 69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They dropped the MAN-IAD route a couple of years ago just as it was getting going. They then went back to pick up the pieces but decided to finish it off once and for all by sticking a 757 on it. Brilliant piece of management! As for the 7 week lay off because of the hurricane season on the St Lucia, it'd be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

This company has no chance of survival in the present climate with the present management. I'd put my money where my mouth is and say it won't exist in its present form inside 24 months. Any takers? The company is slowly contracting and getting smaller aircraft while all around them are expanding again. Looks like they're having the life squeezed out of them. I don't think the prospect of a VS merger would be so good for the majority of bmi staff as they seem to think either. Take a look at any past merger/take over and history will only repeat itself. Great for VS, not for bmi

As for this new business model, well, who dreamt that mish mash up? As a BA spokeman said, "what a dogs dinner, I can't see it working" Can only agree with him. NT's already changed his mind on Dublin. Maybe his imaginary 10000 people survey wasn't so good after all. What a surprise. Would love to know who these people he asked were. Maybe it was a questionnaire he sent to local primary schools (sorry, I shouldn't be so derogatory to 5 year olds - they'd do a better job than present management) or maybe more likely he sent them to BA? Hahah!

Why hasn't he just changed the name now to baby, without all this nonsense?

Anyway, I digress......