PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody Knows How many Self-TypeRated are Unemployed?
Old 29th Jul 2005, 11:11
Skunkworks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

tom24;

We do this job because its our life time dream.
Let's try to be a bit rational then and keep it a JOB - the way people are acting today this is quickly turning into a (rather expensive) hobby.

May sound harsh, but i have myself to look after and personally couldn't give a hoot about anyone else competing with me....
Now THIS may sound harsh, but I have bills to pay and as long as people like you are prepared to do anything at any price my chance of paying those bills in the long run is getting smaller!

So where do YOU draw the line then? Pay for TR, pay for TR + Line Training, work for free, pay to "work"?

You say that you "couldn't give a hoot about anyone else" - well you don't have to say that, it's quite obvious. What does offend me is that, that "anyone" is me and every other pilot in this business! Even though I'm not "competing with you" I think it is getting harder for management to justify why they should pay me a proper salary for a days work, when others are prepared to do it for free!