PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jessica Starmer - BALPA's view (Update - Appeal decision)
Old 29th Jul 2005, 09:34
Phoebe Buffet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sparkle: 'Jessica-rabbit' is a character in a movie, where is your mind................... in the gutter UGH!. You must be a bloke.

Airrage: I totally agree; the legal argument little Jess brought to the table was correct and she won not once but twice and will probably win again. It may have been a different case if BA got their act together but it they didn't it isn't and they lost.

However, personally I couldn't what JS has done as QDM says I would be happy to fly my butt off to gain as much experience and knowledge as possible in the early stages of my career.

Overstress: Of course I want a job on an Airbus or 747 doesn't every pilot?. Thanks for top tip abut BA recruitment at mo but didn't BA management just say:

'Clearly any airline might think twice about taking on a female pilot when a male candidate had equal qualifications if it was thought she might want to work parttime very quickly after she was recruited. That would definitely come into play and it wouldn't just be us'..........................doesn't sound too promising for me.

So all in all good for Jess but not so good for me - c'est la vie no one said life was fair or easy.

I have 4 options; return to my previous career, return to my previous employer flying 100hrs a month for $500 a month, hang around Uk doing odd jobs until the mood changes (not my fav as I've already spent £48 000 and several years studying training working) or start my own airline employing all those surplus female pilots - any/all suggestions welcome humorous ones preferable as I need a laugh.