PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redletter Days in the Red
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2005, 09:23
FlightOops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Redletter Days in the Red

Todays Sun newspaper (quality read - and utterly surprised to learn it has a 'business' page !) has an 'intersesting' article regarding the financial fate of Redletter Days ("SunCity", The Sun Newspaper 29 July 2005)

As an operator in the UK offering trial lessons to customers of Redletter days we have become increasingly concerned regarding their financial position.

It would appear that we are not alone in our concerns and I would urge all operators who currently redeem Redletter Day vouchers to assess their outstanding bills and make a decision whether to continue to fly their customers until monies are forthcoming.

Promises have been made regarding money 'bonded' (quoted as £.3.3m) by the bank which is due to be released in the next few days, however, I am aware of a number of suppliers with outstanding debts yet to be settled by Redletter Days.

It doesn't take the brains of a rocket scientist / helicopter pilot to calculate what may be left in the pot once the (substantial) bills are paid for those suppliers that I am aware of !!

For the legal beagles this is only my personal opinion, not that of my company, family, pet or anyone else that may be held accountable for unsubstantiated comments.

Be warned.

Remember ... it's better to be Pi**ed Off than Pi**ed On !!