PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serv International - Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2005, 04:54
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"As for it being a non-profit organisation, I wish somebody had informed the powers in charge who seem to be milking the system for all that it's worth."

Centrifugal, You seem to be saying its a no profit........but thats so true with just about any organization we have in the states. Hell the head of the Red Cross makes $3-400k a year as CEO. The excuse is that its like any big Organization, you need talent to get the job done. That usually translates to someone with a Politician in their pocket to get sh1t passed through the Government. Its just the way things are done....
No doubt many of their Non-Profit Missions are funded by Uncle Sugar, why else would they be in Africa, Afghanistan etc. Its also where the most Aid is needed.
I emailed them a couple days ago regarding employment. I was told new hires have to jump on at a minimum of a one years contract, short term work was for their "Alumni". Certainly smells like Air America back in the days of that place called Viet-nam.
Im sure its liike any other Government contractor, if you know some of the "Good Old Boys" you could walk in tomorrow. We have them all over the place, Dyn-Corp, Blackwater, ya-da yada......all have offices within walking distance of Georges Office.