PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA Training in the US -- howto for an FTO?
Old 28th Jul 2005, 15:32
FlyCorona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA Training in the US -- howto for an FTO?

Hello All,

I recently acquired a flight school in the Los Angeles basin, and have been searching for viewpoints on "good" and "bad" Flight Schools (FTOs in the UK parlance ) -- there is a wealth of information here, and I thank you all (and the mods) for the insight provided.

I see much mention of the JAA licensing, which some of you are acquiring in the US to save funds. Is it difficult for a US FTO to provide training sufficient for JAA licensing? I see mention of "JAA standards" -- is there a JAA equivelant to the FAR/AIM where I could read more on the topic?

I would love to hear horror stories and ideas on US training in general, and JAA training specifically as well -- while we probably wouldn't have our act together for this for a year or so, it's something that might be fun to pursue if we can add value to the process. We have a lot of euro-area pilots come to us for time-building (we're supposedly the cheapest in the LA area), but none, unsurprisingly, seem to know the particulars about the actual licensing issues we would face.

Regards,

- Mike
General Manager
Fly Corona!