PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60
Thread: Age 60
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2005, 14:54
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueEagle your license pre-dates the 60 rule, but it certainly won't pre-date any contract you may have/had with an airline which stated that your retirement age would be 60 (or earlier). The guys ahead of you cleared out at those ages (probably to your benefit). And this was in a time when we certainly aren't talking about the biggish retirement packages that we have now, and which are quickly eroding. A little math would support the assumption that you are either very close, or have retired.

There are obstacles in your way in wanting to continue your career from this point forward, but the option is there. Your original promise of 65 is back. And you belong to the first group who has had this option in the last 35 years or so.

I personally can't think of an airline who has had a retirement age of 65 at anytime. So my original argument that this career extension should not take place at your airline holds in my humble opinion. You have known of this magic date coming your way for a long time, the extra five years we are talking about is only a recent pleasant addition for you, I hope you are able to enjoy them.

As with almost all changes like these there are people who win and loose. You might have belonged to the winning group when the original change to the 60 rule was made. But if you have been active in our business since the mid-sixties you can't have had anything but an awesome ride, from the dawn of a modern business to the hectic pace that we have now.

Good luck in your endeavors,

Greetings O.