PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay As You Dine has emptied the Dining Room(Of diners)
Old 28th Jul 2005, 13:04
mbga9pgf

I think you will find the minority moaned and the brass didnt do an adequate survey. Why should they? another area to cut costs.

I am bl**dy sick of the idea of PAYD, as are the vast majority of Livers in, many of whom see this as yet another attack on our standard of living and our way of life. Well mark my words, they will never ever be able to stop any Officer carrying a crate of lager or bottle of their own wine into the bar and consuming it at half of the cost of what it will cost once PAYD not only destroys the dining room, but also the bar as well. Oh yes, before I forget, once PAYD takes over the bar, forget any subsidies towards the summer ball (massive reduction in subsidy if any) and rediculous function prices. This will kill the messes.

Why oh why, seeing the trials at Leuchars and Henlow have not gone swimmingly, have we continued to persue this junk? Or is it due to cost savings the scheme will realize? The original request, as I remember it from the moaners was to have a sheet to sign on a nightly basis to declare whether meals had been taken; NOT for our bar to be robbed and be charged for individual portions of bread, butter and the such. They have turned our messes into a chain of McChav.

Last edited by mbga9pgf; 28th Jul 2005 at 15:29.