PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (General & UK)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2005, 10:00
apoball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know you mentioned Canada in your post but have you had a look at some of the schools over there?

Provided I pass my ATPLs in the first week of September then I'm planning on going out to Moncton (New Brunswick) to build up the mandatory 150 hours P1 before starting the CPL course.

Prices are, I believe, around the £60ph mark; they have a fleet of new Diamond Eclipse a/c; you have the option of other courses e.g. float plane; the school is JAA approved; all airfields are municipal so have no landing fees; and the sky isn't too busy out there. The only downside is the weather which won't be as good as that in Florida, but if you want genuine flying experience then, I suppose, Canada is more realistic. I'm also told that they struggle to get JAA examiners, but that's neither here nor there if you're only intending to hour-build. Oh yes, and the cost of living is very low too.

Note: I haven't actually flown at this school so this post may be less reliable than those from people with first hand experience.

Best of luck where ever you go!

APO