PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Islamist Web Site Warns U.A.E. to Expel Non-Muslims
Old 28th Jul 2005, 09:15
DPWN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested to see this topic on an aviation forum.

So far the topic as it is all based on how Muslim extremists ultimately will affect the quality of life and security of western expats who live as guests in Muslim countries. It is apparent to me that some (not all) of those posting in this topic have no idea of the Islamic values that make up what is a very peace loving and pious way of life.

The majority of Muslims pray, give charity to the poor every month, live a pure way of life, have firm family values, and importantly don't want to offend or harm anyone. I know many Christians who fail to achieve any of the above.

Having looked at the threads i notice one issue has failed to be mentioned.

On a daily basis the number of Muslims killed by Muslim extremists is increasing alarmingly but all you hear about are the few westerners who are, unfortunately, unlucky enough to fall victim to the few anti west attacks. There was wall to wall coverage of the London bombings and, quite rightly, outcry regarding the attack. However the numerous (over 100) Iraqi Muslims killed (by a Muslim!) during this period received no coverage in the UK. Does this mean the life of a Muslim is less valuable than that of a westerner? Obviously not, but in the west media it is definitely less news worthy.

Please remember that the Muslim extremist is no longer Muslim once he refuses to follow the true teachings of Islam. They are only Muslim in name. E.g. it is a sin for a Muslim to commit suicide so this going to heaven with x amount of virgin’s thing is a myth. A lot of the attacks are carried out by young impressionable people who are misled by extremist groups who are simply criminals using religion to base their rationale. Ask yourself this, what would it take for a so called Muslim to blow himself up to kill other innocent Muslims and what would it achieve?

If the same bomber was to divert his attack to a western target there would be many opinions as to why and what it achieved. This is because westerners perceive that Muslims are out to get them due to various reasons. I remember speaking to a US serviceman in Iraq who views were that Muslims don't like America because the Americans have everything (like in the movies) and the Muslims don't. Believe me the Muslims don't envy the west at all and are happy with what they have got. They see the west as ungodly and are happy to live as they are. I know many Iraqi Muslims living outisde Iraq who are just waiting for the chance to return home even though the qualitiy of life will be less.

Remember this, it is not a Muslim vs west issue. It is a criminal organization vs the world issue.

To all of you, life is a lottery. Whether you get hurt in a bomb attack or hit by a bus, it is all fated. Live a normal life and take everyday as it comes. Also use common sense and you will reduce the chance of witnessing or falling victim to an attack.
If we are continually worried about attacks then it means the terrorist are winning a battle but not necessarily the war. Don't give them anything including wasted space on aviation forums

To everyone of all faiths, stay safe.