PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eujet cease operations/Manston(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2005, 08:46
matching

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked for EUjet and take exception with some of the comments expressed, like the comment about passengers loosing their money which they paid for future flights. We are all aware that EUjet only used passengers money after they had flown passengers therefore can get there money back.

I enjoyed my time working with some of the best people I had the privilege of working with.

Yes it was a long shot operating out of an airport that didn’t have an existing business but if there was no people in the world prepared to take a chance there would be very few jobs.

Yes EUjet didn’t develop fast enough but don’t for get it was the first year, fuel prices increased by 300% and the cargo business at the airport disappeared. Is it any wonder that PlaneStation had difficulties?

It was the failure of PlaneStation which brought EUjet down and this failure has been blamed on the PlaneStation’s Bank who wouldn’t support the company while property was been sold.

EUjet was controlled by PlaneStation as was the Airport; EUjet was run by Martin May and all the senior people reported to him. When the staff met management it was Martin they met not PJ McGoldrick who announced earlier in the year that he was resigning from the Board and reducing the time he would work for the company.

He became more involved towards the end (a good indication that things weren’t going great) and when the company stopped operating it was Stuart McGoldrick who talked to our people in Kent and I believe PJ did the same in Shannon.

There was no sign of the PlaneStation people