PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dell Dimension 8250 Desktop - Microphone problems
Old 28th Jul 2005, 04:17
Hottie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dell Dimension 8250 Desktop - Microphone problems

Ladies and Gents,

Recently, I have been subjected to hours and hours of agony in an attempt to solve an ongoing problem with my Dell Dimension 8250 Desktop computer, being a problem with the microphone in particular.

I have just about done everything there is...from ensuring the jacks are inserted correctly into the (appropriate) plugs, checking wires, doing a search on the drivers installed on the pc to ensure the necessary ones are there, Resetting the computer to an earlier setting, uninstalling Sound Blaster Live from the pc, then reinstalling it, checking all Audio Recording/Playback settings....etc etc...

My desktop computer is one in which there is a built-in microphone (sound card) and up until recently, I have had no problems with it whatsoever. The manuals or dell solutions support/help websites have been accessed to do all the above mentioned tasks, however nothing seems to bring success.

If there is anyone who has experienced a similar problem on their desktop, be it on a similar brand or otherwise, PLEASE share any information.

Many thanks in advance