PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 23:17
AndyHUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like the MAG are handing out a few freebies to get the airlines into HUY and good on them if they are.
Is that official or speculation? I think without peel, though, the MANplc would have pretty much had a monopoly over the north so in a way the competition has done some good! Although had Easyjet not bothered with LPL i doubt that peel would have been interested at all! I dont think they are as good as they make out.

A little lo-co operation to a couple of unusual destinations South of France/Italy seem poorly served, or what about Central Europe; the new members of the EU (2.15 hour flight to most of the main cities, I think?)
I think prague and the like would be great! Although DSA are trying to stitch up the lo-co market in the area now (which i believe will put the majors off) but a well known lo-co operating a modest set of routes from HUY would certainly not go a miss, however unlikely it may be.

I think they should try more to connect us with london and paris again and work their way up from there! Afterall the frequency from DSA to CDG is dire! 6 weekly i believe! Then there arnt the easy connections you would expect from AF/KLM!

Things realy are looking up for the airport and anyone who has seen he article in the business supliment in the Hull Daily Mail will know that there may be more from Excel for winter 06 and summer 07 and mr goldsmith hopes that recent events may encourage more airlines to come in to HUY! Watch this space!!!