PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120
Thread: EC120
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 20:41
ThomasTheTankEngine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found the 120 to be quite well powered compared to the 206, I have only operated both machines at sea level. The 120 doesn't have the big rise in TOT when you do a pedal turn.

Phil if your referring to a hot start with a warm engine simply open the throttle just short of flight idle to avoid a hot start, This works really well on the 120.

I really like the 120 and found it easy to fly, Goaround7 summed it up. The CG does normally fall to far forward with 5 adults onboard but I found this problem with all helicopter I’ve flown with more than 4 seats and each seat occupied by an adult.

The sliding door can cause a few problems and be quite hard to close, The one we operated always use to catch the paint work on the engine cowling with the slide mechanism.

Did you read about the passenger sat in the rear in France the sliding door wasn't closed correctly and opened, the door blew away, Passenger grabbed the door he wasn't wearing his seat belt, he got pulled out by the door and fell to his death.