PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet crm and tech refresher, or NOT
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 18:36
Colonel Klink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Before we get too far down the mud-slinging route about who is right and wrong, let's look at the facts.
The fact is that while Flaps One is quite correct in that the course is JAR compliant in it's new one day format (and that Dr D is of very little elevation) the nay-sayers are also quite correct.
A few years ago this was a three day event and I'm afraid some of us have never got used to the change as it is not for the better. The one day tech refresher was held with a systems expert from CTC and was universally regarded as excellent. CRM was infinitley better, and the Security aspect was carried out by professionals. This is not what happens today with the whole lot crammed into one day, no tech. refresher except in our own time which carries no weight as we are all too knackered to do it properly, and yes, I believe it was all down to cost.
With respect to Dr. D I personally got little value from it but others may disagree. As a former AVsec instructor myself in the early days of easyJet, many of his facts were wrong and in the CRM element, about 40% of the time was wasted with him telling us about his knowledge and experience and why we were lucky to have him, as if we could give a damn!!