PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jessica Starmer - BALPA's view (Update - Appeal decision)
Old 27th Jul 2005, 18:15
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GuinnessQueen: I believe we are recruiting, so why not apply? I believe that JS may want to re-apply for full-time in the future, but as I said, we are recruiting.

Capt Fillosan: the arguments for safety have been disproven, I did over 500 hours one year on P-T, approximately double my annual average whilst in the RAF. I never felt 'not current'. So by your argument all of that was unsafe? Also, the 'cake and eating it' - this means what exactly? It's not as if PTWK-ers get paid the same as full-time. You work less, you get paid less. Less cake, in that case. (BTW who buys a cake then doesn't eat it?)

FL: yes I know that JS brought the case, BALPA just represented her, but they had to given that they thought the case was valid and that they had a good chance of winning. Yes I was oversensitive, but I'm not used to mods being provocative, things have gradually changed here over the years.

Phoebe Buffet: see my reply to GuinnessQueen. You don't want JS's job, that's hers, but you're welcome to apply for your own!

There seems to be a problem with some contributors actually coming to terms with the fact that several UK airlines have pilots on P-T contracts, this seems to be viewed as some sort of unsafe heresy which somehow forces all the full-timers to have to work harder. In my case, I applied for PTWK then had to wait 10 months until the establishment was correct on my fleet.