PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 15:14
King Pong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took a ride up to the airport the other day and spotted a well dodgy character who I would not like to sit next to on the Underground. He was on foot and about to enter the tunnel and appeared to be heading for the terminal. He was straight out of one of those mug shots seen on our TV screens and was carrying some sort of black bag.

Thinking that it wasn’t his fault that he looks like a potential suicide bomber I still felt uneasy and thought I would report him anyway once I got to the terminal myself so I quickened my pace to give myself a 60 second lead.

Once inside the terminal all I had to do was report my suspicions except that I couldn’t find any police, security staff or even staff at the portable information desk. There was absolutely no one to talk to so I went outside and tried my luck there. Again there was no one apart from a NCP man in the drop off zone who was doing nothing despite abandoned cars parked everywhere. I then decided I was probably being silly and gave up my quest to be a good citizen. Well nothing did happen but that’s not the point. So why is there no visible security at the airport? Why are unattended cars still parking in the drop off zone with no attempt being made to stop them? Why can someone who gets hold of a disabled badge be allowed to park 20ft from the terminal for up to an hour?