PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 degree cant on CH-53 and HH-60
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2001, 00:13
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Nick

You keep evading the question saying in essence that your opinions are beyond reproach. The collective bias causes the disc to tilt to the left. This slight change in the thrust vector counters the thrust of the tail rotor. Because the disc is tilted to the left the interlock between the blades and the rotorhead will cause the helicopter to tilt to the left or as you indicated left wheel low. Because the mast is tilted three degrees forward the helicopter will align itself with the rotorhead because of that same interlock between the blades and the head resulting in a nose high attitude. Now get off your high horse and tell the forum why Sikorsky helicopters at least those that I am familiar with hover at such an odd angle. I was taught this in five different Sikorsky factory schools and I was taught about rigging the ASE in autopilot school and it was not my interpretation of what was said it is exactly what was said. I also rigged autopilots on the production line at Sikorsky. Go over to the service school and find out what is being taught. If you disagree, tell them, not me or for that matter the members of this forum.

[ 28 July 2001: Message edited by: Lu Zuckerman ]