PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzJet Flight Attendant recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 15:05
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Show me a person who survives a career in aviation without getting stung once (and who isnt kidding themselves), and I will show you a job advertisement with no requirements flying around the world, for $300,000 a year...

(hopes to god theres no one!)..

I myself have been stung once, to the tune of $18,000, (dont ask!)... I am only 21, and that was every cent I had! The sad thing is, i took it and didnt even fight it - because i didnt have a cent to fight with, especially against some of the high priced lawyers some aviation companies tend to have.

But the big question is: Why do i constantly come back for more?

Answer: Because I love it. The thought of doing anything other than aviation scares me, as it dosent interest me one bit. Its all I know. I may be only 21, but I have not known anything else for a long time. I started washing light aircraft at 14 on weekends, paid for my flying training with money I earnt from my only non aviation related jobs, a cinema (was crap - hid in the cinemas eating popcorn), a supermarket (where I was held up with a vegetable), and a medical centre (where I caught every disease known to humankind that dosent involve having sex).

I keep coming back because even if I am poor, I am happy. This confuses many of my friends in boring repetitive jobs in medical centres earning twice my last full time flying wage, but I am happy.

So, to quote Steve off Today Show (dons ugly suit and condecending tone), be alert but not alarmed. Until something actually happens like airlines going under, or any other aviation rumours for that matter, take it on board, but dont go freaking out and turning down job offers...

I reckon it will be a big success - good luck to all those starting! Hopefully I will be with you soon!!!

xx