PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Airline Based at Stansted- Maxjet
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 14:53
nickmanl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MKDC8, to make a go of this surely they need to attempt to poach these business men from the established airlines - as these are the clientel. Business people want to fly to Gatwick of Heathrow. We know Stansted isn't that much further from London, however English business people with no interest in the aviation world do not realise this, yet alone Washington based business men.

Also, surely if they are offering low cost flights, a bigger aircraft would be better for them as it would mean more bums on seats? The 767-200 is a mighty fine aircraft but only really works when a premium product is offered as well.

the general public who dont have five grand in their back pocket want to fly to USA/Canada etc from a congestion free airport.
Thats exactly what I said about FlyWho/Blu (or whatever the hell they are calling themselves nowadays) and I added they'd they'd probably be better off offering a low cost product, but yet I got shouted down for that as well. If MaxJet are offering a low cost then a bigger market would be to operate to NYC or Florida, not Washington?

I wish them the best of luck!