Thread: Antique Heli's
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2001, 14:20
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Antique Heli's

Good Morning Rotorheads,
Yesterday I visited the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington near York,they have quite a lot of interesting Aircraft, amongst their gems they also have some old Helis, one in particular is listed as the Westland-Sikorsky Dragonfly HR.3 WH991,fully retsored and looks brand new(was this American or GB design, and was it originally Sikorsky without the Westland bit) this I had always thought of being quite a small craft, but when you are stood right up to it, it is quite big,bigger in fact than a B206, it seems to be a pretty simple design but yet when you look at the details of the pitch change and swash plate workings it seems pretty well similar to a lot of heli's from todays currant fleet. They also have a Helicopter simulator open topped with get this a cut down rotor that is powered( not working when I was there) it is only a small collection of Helis but extremly interesting and well worth a visit, if any of you wish to fly in( heli that is) all they need is a telephone call and your on your way.

My regards