PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 28th Jul 2000, 13:01
fatter bloke

Smile

Hi, Some of the schools that i know are good are Chopperline, Blue Tongue and Helicopter group in Melbourne. The first three are on the sunshine coast. Chopperline have very experienced instructors who are also authorised testing officers. Blue Tongue is a good school. i couldnt choose betwen them when i was looking around, but i went with Chopperline cos it had the theory in house and it was the cheapest too. Mate if you have a job to go too i would say quit your job now and go do it, cos its great. However if you dont have a flying job lined up think long and hard about taking unpaid leave from the job you are in get your heli rating and look for work. You will find getting a job very difficult unless you know the righe people or are prepared to wait it out in the territory for around one year doing mostly unpaid work in the hangar or selling tickets for scenics and then you might get to do the flying side of things. Please let us know how you go on this forum as i have not found many Australian pilots use this forum. I wish we did . anyhow good luck and enjoy the flight training