PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 07:10
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

"Social retards" is a little severe, isn`t it, Foreign Worker?
Most of the Japanese I have observed, appear to interact and communicate EXTREMELY well socially, and on a personal level.
I don`t understand the basis of your accusation there.

Had a good laugh when my wife told me this one a day or two ago.
My wife`s sister is visiting us in Japan, on her first visit to the country, and like many gaijin she is unfamilar with some of the Japanese customs, and "bits and pieces".
My wife made the offer to her sister to use whatever she wished eg. make-up, until she had time to go out and buy her own.

Sitting down for dinner, my sister-in-law joined us, freshly showered, and made up. At the time, i thought to myself, "Her lipstick looks a little tartish...just too red for her complexion", but of course said nothing to anyone.
The following morning, whilst s-i-l was still sleeping, my wife was giggling, as she said to me, "Did you see my sister`s lips last night?"
"Yes," I replied, "her lipstick is a bit too red."
Still giggling - even more as she continued - she said, "Last night my sister went to my make-up drawer, where apparently our 2 year old had placed the small, oblong shaped, red ink pad for my wife`s hanko (a hanko is the carved wooden signature stamp that each Japanese resident must have when signing business transactions, such as buying a car, and is registered with the local government.)"
Thinking the ink and hanko were some sort of Japanese lip gloss/lipstick, said s-i-l applied same!!

I guess she won`t be needing any more for a few days!